10/06/2013

THE BLACKNESS OF THE DARK IS ALL I CAN SEE

You will never know what is in my heart.
No matter how hard you try.
Too hard and cold is my heart.
I am surrounded by six walls.
You will never even get close.
I am invisible.
Try if you will.
But all your efforts will be for naught.
No matter how much I want to reveal
   myself.
I just cannot.
I have been betrayed before.
I am still bleeding.
But it is not for you to see.
I am classified.
The secret that I am can never be known.
Much less shared.
Do not look for me.
You will never find me.
I cannot even find myself.
You will be looking at me but you will
   never see me.
I have covered myself well.
And so I cry.
Loneliness is my only companion.
I can never let go of myself.
I will keep myself far away.
You will not even hear me.
In time I will not exist to you as well.
In no time at all, all memories will become
   fragmented.
I will never be able to piece anything
   together.
As I become unable to even hold myself
   together.
The blackness of the dark is all I can see.

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.