24/11/2012

WORTH IT ALL

I have fallen so many times.
I have worn a hole in the ground.
It has become home to me.
Still, I keep getting back up.
My hands and knees are bloodied.
My strength, it wanes.
My face is crusted with dried out tears.
My stare is blank.
I am so weary.
I don't want to go on any more.
I just want to give up.
Make it all go away.
But I seem to always find the strength
  to give it one more try.
To keep moving on.
Making my way through all this.
No matter how much it hurts.
I know deep down it will all be worth it.
It will be worth all the hurt and pain.
Worth all the shed tears.
What awaits me is so very much more.
More than I can even imagine.
So, I keep getting back up.
I find the strength I need.
I keep giving it one more try.
I keep moving on.
And I keep falling still.
I keep hurting.
I keep feeling pain.
I keep on crying.
Deep down, I know it will all be worth it.

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY-(24/11/2012)

1 comment:

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.