07/10/2012

I AM ME (NOT YOU)

I am tired of people telling me how to live my life.
I am tired of those telling me how I should be.
Don't you even tell me what I am doing wrong.
And don't even dare to tell me who I am.
I am not you.
I am me, not you.
I am the only one who decides how I should live,
  be, what's right or wrong, and who I am.
Your opinion is not needed or required.
So take your babble elsewhere.
Let me be.
Let me live.
Let me make mistakes.
That's how I will learn.
It's my failures that will make me who I am 
  and will be.
Not any success.
So, you see, I'm doing just fine without you.
I am better off without you.
Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
Oh, by the way, you have your own life to live.
You can't do that when you are trying to live mine.
Can you?
That's what I thought.
Stand back as I spread my wings and soar off
  up above the heavens.
All without you and your help.
I don't want to hear you only meant or didn't mean.
It's just more babble.
I am so high above you.

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY-(07/10/2012)

3 comments:

  1. I need this put on a t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.