10/01/2013

I AM BROKEN (OH, WHAT A MESS)

I am such a mess.
I am all in pieces.
Strewn all around.
I cannot begin to find myself.
All the pieces are crushed into dust.
And so much of me is missing.
With no hope of finding anything.
The rain came and washed everything away.
I don't know what I am going to do.
I long to be whole again.
I long to be in one piece.
But I am not holding out for a miracle.
I am not holding my breath.
I've been here before.
This is nothing new to me.
Nothing in me has really changed.
Oh, such a mess am I.
I sweep it all underneath the carpet.
Trying to pretend nothing exists.
You see, I am afraid.
I can no longer pick up after myself.
Such a miserable existence.
Broken and fragmented.
I am broken!
I AM BROKEN!

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY-(10/01/2013)

1 comment:

  1. We all fall apart. Becoming such a mess. But it is one big beautiful mess. We can be made whole again. I believe it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.