09/01/2013

GOOD MAN

What does it mean to be a good man?
What does it take to be a good man?
Just what exactly is a good man?
How could I ever be considered a good man,
  when I have done so much that is bad.
I have done evil.
I have hurt.
I have beaten down.
I have pulled down.
I'm not so sure you could even call me a man.
But this isn't me, this I know.
I know I am so much more than the sum of 
  everything I have done.
Although, sometimes I just don't know.
I forget myself, I forget who I am.
So far away from myself.
My own worst enemy.
I put and beat myself down.
I need to be saved from myself.
Can I ever be called a good man?
Could I ever be good enough to be a good man?
'Cause I just do not know.
Will I ever figure myself out?
Do I have what it takes?
To be exactly what a good man is.
I don't know what it is to be a good man.
I know I'm far from it.
But I keep on trying, just as long as there is 
  strength in me.
I will not give up just yet.
I'm not ready to die just yet.
I hope to one day to be considered a good man.
Whatever that may be.
I only hope that is how I will be remembered.
A good man.

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY-(09/01/2013)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.