09/12/2012

OUT OF MY SURRENDER CAME A VICTORY

You were there when my skin was broken.
I could hear you laughing with such glee.
You were there feeding my anger.
You fed me enough to turn it to rage.
And as I lashed out with a fist through 
  the glass.
You were jumping up and down like a little boy
  on Christmas morn'.
You were the cold in me.
You were the dark in me.
You were the despair in me.
You were the loneliness enveloping me.
I could not escape or even hide from you.
You thought you had me right where you wanted me.
You had me beaten up.
You had me beaten down.
I admitted defeat.
I threw in the towel.
I raised a torn white flag.
But you just shot it down.
All of a sudden you were surrounded.
And all the angel's arrows let loose.
You fell once again.
The defeat was now yours.
In my surrender there came a victory!
I can hear you cry out.
I can hear you scream out.
I have no pity for you.
I feel nothing for you.
Not even hate and rage.
You're just not worth the expended energy.
You are 'neath me.
I am still bearing the scars from all your affliction.
Some wounds still weep red.
Now I bow in worship for another reason.
To pay homage to the One who set me free.
JESUS SET ME FREE!!!
I walk away from you.
I will forget about you.
"Get thee behind me."

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY-(08/12/2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.