26/06/2013

ODE TO THE MODERN BARD'S SWEET SONG

You are always on my mind.
You are in my heart and soul.
You speak to me.
And I hear you.
You lift me up.
You tear me down.
You can make me feel.
You always know just what to say.
You take me far away.
We leave the world far behind.
You are my friend, my oldest friend.
No one knows me like you do.
And I know you just as well.
My constant companion.
You do not care how I can be.
You do not care how I sometimes behave.
You are the beating of my heart.
You are the breath of my soul.
The IV feeding me.
I trust you.
You are my addiction.
I need you every day.
You are always there for me.
Inside of me.
Deep within my very being.
I just cannot live without you.
Please stay.
Please do not leave.
Forever even to the end of me.
Only you can get me through this mess of a life.

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.