11/12/2013

THE GRACE OF GOD



The world will take advantage of you.
Life will walk all over you.
If you let them.
You are stronger than you know.
You have a power over them, and that's the power of choice.
The world is a harsh environment to live in.
And life always seems to be out to get us all.
I know, I've been there.
Down on the down side.
I have felt the pain.
I have been hurt by those who loved me.
I wear many scars upon many scars.
I can't help but to cry when I remember all the hell I had to go through.
I still do not understand everything.
And I still do not know very much, if anything at all.
That's quite alright with me.
'Cause my road lays before me.
My future has not been written yet.
It's true my past brought me here.
But it's done and gone away.
Here I am.
Right here, right now.
It was my choices that I followed.
 I thank God for all the wisdom and knowledge.
And the discerning to be able to tell the two apart.
Now, you will not walk the same path I did.
You will not see what I saw.
You will not experience all that I did.
Count yourself blessed for that.
'Cuase I almost didn't make it out alive.
By the grace of God alone here I am.
And that's all that can and will bring you and keep you.
I pray that you make it through.
It will not be easy by far.
Just remember just how much loved that you are.
Always hold onto your hope.
Don't be afraid to trust your instincts.
Always know that you can lean on your faith.
After all, it's all that you have.
There is no need to fear.
For fear is not real, fear is a choice.
Learn from your mistakes and failures.
That what will make you who you are.
And always listen to that still, small voice.
Wherever you end up remember that's exactly where you need to be.
That's where all the paths that you take will lead.
Brought there by the grace of God alone.

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY


1 comment:

  1. Life is never easy. The world is never fair. And they both will suck at times. But you don't have to be their victim, you don't have to fall down before them. The choice is yours and God's grace will lead and keep you. On that you can be most assured.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.