04/06/2013

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO

I watch you suffer.
Oh, how my heart aches.
I love you so much.
But you will not let me near.
If there were just something to say
   that would make it all better, I would.
You just keep pushing me away.
I see the fear and anger in your eyes.
I know I can never understand.
I know I have no right to tell you how
   to think or who you are.
I just want to reach out, but you just
   knock my hands away.
I just want to hold you.
You just turn away.
I will tell you one thing though.
You are not the only one suffering.
I suffer too, for I love you.
My child, you do not have to be alone.
But I leave the choice in your hands.
I know only you know what to do.


SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY

Dedicated to all those who love us.

1 comment:

  1. I pray for the Spirit of God to lead a strong, older, mature Christian man into the life of every suffering young man known by anyone who reads this post.

    My son, Chris, is 36 years old, and he is struggling with mental challenges and suffering with emotional pain. Please say a prayer for him.

    Thank you, Scott, for your sympathetic poem.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.