26/05/2013

HOME

Down through the ages.
I have been alone.
Left on my own.
And to my own devices.
I caused so much damage.
My anger fed my hate.
I just grew in suffering.
It was an acid.
Eating away at me.
Despair devoured me whole.
I continued on living this way.
It seemed like an eternity.
I knew someone was there.
But I had dug such a void between us.
I lived in an abyss.
I was just not listening.
I turned away.
Till I did not believe any more.
I was so confused.
Frustration came upon me.
As the confusion overcame me.
All hope was gone.
I felt so separated.
I had removed You from me.
Still I could feel someone.
A whisper in my ear.
My heart and soul could hear You.
i lost my confusion.
My tears felt warm on my face.
They fell just like a driving rain.
Down on my bloodied hands and knees.
I was soaked straight through.
I was saturated.
I felt so alive for the first time.
A light broke through all the layers of
   darkness.
I realized what I was missing.
I was missing.
And I was missing You.
The peace that I craved so sorely.
All the pieces began to fall into place.
The cracks remained.
They were my scars.
My beautiful scars.
The mess I was became one big
   beautiful mess.
They remind me of just how much I need
   You.
You love me as I am.
You love me such as I am.
You love who I am.
I do not want to wander away again.
For I love You so.
In pieces You made me whole.
You welcomed this prodigal son back
   home.
This is where I belong.
This is home.
This is where my heart is.
I am home.

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY

1 comment:

  1. I like this:

    "...The mess I was became one big
    beautiful mess.
    They remind me of just how much I need
    You..."

    We don't think that Jesus did very much if we don't have much for which to be forgiven.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.