14/03/2013

WAITING TO AWAKEN (FROM MY NIGHTMARE)

My light grows dim.
I shiver from the cold.
My tears freeze to my cheeks.
I close my eyes.
They sting too much.
My heart has turned to ice.
My mind fragmented stone.
My soul torn to shreds.
I try to speak but I just cough and choke.
I hang my head low.
I haven't the strength to hold it up.
Inside I feel barren.
The fire of hope has become but dimly glowing 
   embers.
I feel so very empty.
With a hollow core.
Despair and loneliness, my only companions.
My outlook, bleak, at best.
This is my nightmare.
Oh God, please wake me.

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY-(14/03/2013)

6 comments:

  1. beautiful...had a depressing effect on me, that is how powerful your creation is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much. It was about depression.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous14/3/13 18:32

    Loved the emotion in this! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I myself have dealt with this; and related to it perfectly. Fantastically done!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.