08/11/2012

WORLD I KNOW

When will the world stop?
When will the world go away?
I've grown so weary of it.
I don't want it any more.
I feel contaminated.
I feel filthy.
When will the world shut up?
When will the world shut down?
I just need some rest.
I just need to shed this weathered skin.
It's just that the sky keeps falling down on me.
I keep coming undone.
My world crumbles and lays in ruins
  all around me.
I am so overwhelmed by all that happens 
  in this world.
It's just too much for me to take, much less
  even comprehend.
Someone please stop the world, I want 
  to get off.
Here I am.
Where do I go from here?
I am so blind in this world.
A poisonous haze hovers all around me.
I just want to wash it all off.
But I am stained.
I am wounded.
I am scarred.
Is there anywhere for me here?
Is there somewhere for me to belong in a world 
  where I don't belong?
I just don't know.
I am always the stranger here.
I am ignored.
I am forgotten.
I am left all alone.
Maybe that's a good thing.
After all I just want to be left alone.
But, is it a blessing or a curse?
I stand here watching.
I'm watching the world as it races by 
  at break neck speed.
It just doesn't make any sense to me.
One moment here, the next, gone.
I'm left wondering as I am wandering.
Something is terribly wrong here.
So much so, it scares me.
This is the world I know.
The only world I know.
Every night I cry myself to sleep.
Where did Eden go?

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY-(08/11/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.