26/11/2012

THE SHAME OF A LIFE UNLIVED

I feel the shame.
Of a life unlived.
Afraid to even try.
Left out.
Left behind.
Down on my knees.
With no one to help me back up.
So I hide.
Not saying a single word.
Choosing to remain unseen and invisible.
Only I can feel the pain and hurt.
Only I can feel the tears flowing down my face.
Only I can see what agony is doing to me.
I am torn apart and will not let anyone know.
I just want it to end.
I just want it all to go away.
Knowing it never will.
It keeps getting worse and bigger.
I cannot take this.
I am just not strong enough.
I am alone.
I am unknown.
The blame is all mine.
These were the choices I alone made.
Now the price is too much for me to pay.
I cannot continue.
I don't want to continue.
A life unlived.
The shame I keep hidden.

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY-(26/11/2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.