22/10/2012

I SEE MY SCARS AND I REMEMBER

These are my scars.
I look at them.
I have to cry.
I still feel the hurt and pain.
I still remember what cut me.
It's like I am haunted.
No peace of mind for me.
Still I hold onto hope,
I still believe it will never let me down.
So far it never has.
Even though that I thought it did.
Hope kept whispering in my heart,
  "Give it one more try."
I never gave up.
Even when I did.
Here I am still.
Bearing these scars.
Still seeing them.
Still crying.
Still feeling.
Remembering.
But that is what has given healing.
And why I still believe in hope.
Pain and hurt never lasts.
When comes the healing, so too comes 
  the comfort that gives me faith.
That is where I put my hope, in the faith
  that I have in God's Spirit.

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY-(22/10/2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.