23/04/2013

THIS LITTLE HOPE (HOPE PART VII)

I am a child of the nameless generation.
My life was of no importance
Forgotten, forsaken.
A darkness hovered over me.
A black fog surrounded me.
I tried to make it through on my own.
But I continually failed.
In a lost generation I am lost.
And I cannot find my way back.
The little hope I have in my heart 
   keeps me going though.
The lamp that illuminates the path before me.
I will try to keep going even when I am
   at my worst.
When weariness overcomes me.
Hope is all I know.
All I have ever known.
I may not understand nor can I fathom
   this journey I am on.
But this hope always whispers, "Don't give up
   now, give it one more try."
And so this my life.
A series of "giving it one more try".
This unknown generation may not know me.
But still, that little hope keeps me going 
   a long, long way.

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY-(23/04/2013)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.