28/06/2013

I'M NOT THE PREY

I can feel you all around me.
Your stench fills my senses.
I am nauseated.
I know you are just waiting for your chance.
To attack when I become weak.
You know when I am afraid.
You feed off of that fear.
You are stone cold.
Bereft of all emotion.
You just do not care.
I see you hiding in the shadows.
Lurking.
Biding your time.
Using the cover of darkness.
You are ready to strike.
You have underestimated me.
You still see me as I was.
Sickly.
You still think you can sink your talons into my flesh.
Oh foolish one.
I would pity you if I really cared.
You, the twisted one.
You, the retarded one.
You are already dead.
You have still to realize it.
I will pay you no heed.
I will not talk terms.
For I will certainly not surrender.
Begone from me.

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.