30/01/2013

GHOST OF ME

I look at you.
You're a a stranger to me.
But at the same time, you seem very familiar.
You frighten me for some reason.
I try to walk away, but you follow.
I try to run away, you keep pace.
What do you want from me?
What am I to you?
Please go away and leave me alone.
I don't want you near me.
No where close in fact.
Now you're in my head.
Why are you haunting me?
Why are trying to entice me?
I want nothing to do with you.
Still you remain, WHY?!
Who are you?
I want to cut you out of me.
But your roots go deep into me.
You've become a part of me.
And I hate you for it.
I hate myself for allowing it.
Then I realize, I have been staring into a mirror.
I put my fist into that mirror.
I've been staring at myself the whole time.
It was me that I've been fighting with 
  the whole time.
It was the ghost of me.

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY-(30/01/2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.