09/12/2012

HOPE (PART ONE)

I have never known peace of mind.
But I do know that I'm missing a piece of my mind.
I look, but all I see is the dark.
I scream but all I hear are the echoes.
Reverberating, making my mind want to explode.
Bringing my sky down on me.
I am buried underneath.
I cannot move.
I cannot make a sound.
I cannot breathe.
My situation seems dire.
There isn't much hope for me.
I'm not so sure my salvation will come.
I'm not sure I can hold out for rescue.
My time feels like it's running out.
The hour glass is almost empty.
But, then I remember there is still some hope.
I still believe.
That will never change.
As long as there is hope for me.
So I will hold onto that hope with
  all that I have.
It isn't much, but I will give it all I have
  just to hold onto hope.
AND THAT IS EVERYTHING!!!
I believe hope will never let me down.
It has never thus far.
That hope keeps growing.
That hope keeps rising.
My feelings have lied to me again.
For me, there is hope.
THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE!!!
No matter what I go through.
There is at least a little hope
  and that's all I need.
No matter what and how I feel.
There is still a little hope.
That's all I need.
Even a little hope can go a long, long way.

To be continued...

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY-(09/12/2012)

2 comments:

  1. I have never been one to have much hope, in fact, I felt hopeless. But, if you look at what I wrote prior to this sentence, "not much hope." You will see I still believed, deep down, there was a little hope. And that is everything! There is always hope! "Even a little hope can go a long, long way." Hold onto hope, it will never let you down. >Scott. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.-With hope, this is only the beginning.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.