08/12/2012

MY TESTIMONY IS NOT MINE

I fall time after time.
Time after time You pick me back up.
I walk away.
You come after me.
Who am I that You'd love a poor excuse
  for a man such as I?
But this isn't about me.
I am not the one who's love is never failing.
I am not the one who never forsakes.
Even though He'd be justified.
He could just as easily destroy this world.
And start with a new world.
One that would be how He intended it to be.
But God will always be true to Himself.
No matter how many times we fall, falter and fail.
God is love and love always forgives.
How could a Father abandon His children?
God's mercies are overflowing.
God's grace is undying.
With God when a tear falls so too a fear falls.
God, thank You.
And I do cry.
I am not ashamed either.
It shows I am strong enough to admit
  when I am weak.
My tears wash the spirit of this broken man.
As He makes me whole again.
JESUS HAS MADE ME WHOLE!!!
I will proudly proclaim it.
I am not ashamed!
This is my testimony.
I testify about not where I have come from
  on my own.
But where He has brought me from.
I have come so far.
But I was never alone.
In fact I would not have made it through
  this night alive if Jesus hadn't carried me.
JESUS CARRIED ME ALL THE WAY!!!
All the while carrying the whole world.
I do not deserve any of this!
Yet He loves me anyway.
That's what my testimony is really about. 
This testimony, my testimony, is not my own. 

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY-(08/12/2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.